Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Leucistic Red-Winged Blackbird and Worm Tongue


While sucking down some coffee this morning I noticed that a white bird was once again flocking with a group of red winged black birds chowing down on the goodies I just placed for the birds and the squirrels.
I nearly dropped the cup of coffee in my haste to reach my camera. Having no luck shooting from inside the house I decided to go outside in the drizzle we are getting (laughingly known as rain).

These are the results.

White Bird and RWBB

Leucistic RWBB and Black RWBB's

Leucistcic RWBB and RWBB's



Leucistic RWBB Flight

Worm Tongue
Ameican Robin at Kestrel Farm, Colorado

2 comments:

  1. Donna,

    Hi my name is Rhonda. I live in South Texas and believe I may have spotted a leucistic redwing yesterday. I am an amateur birder and I also let out a room at my house for birders. I blog and have a big base of birders/naturalist on Facebook.

    I was wondering if I could get permission to use your pictures of the leucistic redwing for my blog about this sighting. I don't have a good camera and am not likely to get a shot of this bird, even if it does come back.

    I would of course give you proper credit and even point people to your blog.

    Thanks,
    Rhonda

    email me at urbanbirder.mcallen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, feel free to use the photos of the leucistic RWBB.

    ReplyDelete